Thursday, June 19, 2008

Serving Others - Backyard Bible Club


This week we had the awesome pleasure and honor of hosting Backyard Bible Club at the park across the street from our house. We had 30 children come each morning for three days to learn about Jesus, how to serve, show kindness and love to their families, friends and neighbors. I was also reminded that serving others is something that I should strive to do each day. It doesn't have to be anything huge or major. Just things that can help and bless others. I really want to make it a priority in my own life as that is where others will truly see Jesus. I want to be a model of servanthood for my own children, so it is also something they strive to do for others. Along with this reflection of my own life, we had a BLAST too. The weather couldn't have been more perfect and I had the most outstanding group of parents helping me with everything. I was so blessed by it all.

Some of the youth from our church came each day to tell the Bible story for the day, complete with costumes and engaging story-telling.


Each day we did a really neat craft based on the story we had learned that day.

Jack and his friend, Perry, making candles to remind us to be a "light" in the world.


Caroline and Ethan making frames to remind them of their time and what they learned at Backyard Bible Club.
Robin did an awesome job leading the kids in fun games each day!

Lisa and her great singing voice led our songs for the week and my kids LOVED them. They are still singing them.

We also completed some service projects. The children made bookmarks that will be delivered to a local nursing home and they made frisbees, some of which will be sent to some orphanages in El Salvador.
We had an awesome time and the park was such an ideal location. I can't wait to do it again next summer!

No comments: